Dear Parents and YUHSG Student,
Your daughter’s health, safety, and well-being are of the utmost importance to YUHSG. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene-Department of Education and the NYS Department of Education have established guidelines to promote all students’ well-being. The medical and health requirements, as well as the additional information necessary for athletic participation, are detailed in the documents/forms linked below. Please read them in their entirety and submit the appropriate forms on or before Orientation Day, Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
Please note: Beginning September 1, 2016, all 7th and 12th grade students MUST HAVE proof of having been given Meningococcal vaccine (shot) in order to attend school.
- Students entering Grade 7 in 2016 must have one (1) dose of meningococcal vaccine. They will be required to get a booster at age 16.
- Students entering Grade 12 in 2016 must have either:
- 2 doses of meningococcal vaccine with the booster dose given on or after age 16
- 1 dose if your child’s first dose was given on or after age 16. If you have any questions, please follow this link: NYS Meningococcal Vaccine Requirement- FAQs
All forms are accessible by clicking on the links below:
- MEDICAL AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Lynda Smith (email@example.com ).